8.13.2011

things that make me happy

 A couple of days ago, I found myself in Port Authority while I waited for my boyfriend to buy a ticket back to his home. Nearby, there was a bookstore. I only wandered in it for a few minutes, but one book caught my eye; The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle and Generally Have More Fun. I needed a new book to enjoy on my Kindle, so later in line at Starbucks, I used the free wifi to purchase the book. I'm only a few chapters in, but it made me think about things that make me happy.


Contributing to today's happiness:
1. [bellinis at brunch]
2. [fresh flowers in my room]
3. [lavender hanging in my bedroom window]
4. [a clean room]
5. [a sunny day]

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a few people commenting on this book. Did you end up liking it??

    www.rosyrilli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished it this evening... and yes, I quite liked the book and her approach. The best part, besides making me consider my own happiness, is that it's easy to imagine undertaking a project like this because it's about being happier in everyday life instead of version of shock therapy as in Eat Pray Love.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by!