7.25.2011

rainy day baking


 Yesterday, after days of ridiculously high temperatures, the heat finally broke with the aid of some summer rain. I couldn't believe it, but I was actually cold; both in my apartment and outside. Not uncomfortably so, but it was a nice change that needn't seek out air conditioning. It also meant I could finally make the cookies I'd been holding off on until using an oven wasn't suicide as it would've been in 100+ weather and no air conditioning.


    

Using the recipe in Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey (found online here), I made a favorite cookie recipe. I think part of what makes them so delectable is the use of dark brown sugar. Its so much richer than using simply granulated sugar or the more often used light brown in a recipe. Paired with some milk when they're fresh out of the oven, they are a perfect comfort food anytime I'm feeling a little homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!